Thursday, November 25, 2004

National Adoption Awareness Month

(Editor's note: I tried to post this entry earlier in the week, but the Blogspot site was down.)

November is National Adoption Awareness Month. I will be the first to admit I never knew this month existed before this year. I suppose one is only interested in things that affect one's life. Now I want to share the joy of adoption with everyone, and this month gives me the perfect segue. Many people are curious about adoption, and that is great. But sometimes, especially in cases of international adoptions, people ask silly questions. I found this story from the St. Louis Post Dispatch about the strange questions people who adopt from outside the U.S., particularly from Asia, often get asked. I know that I must prepare myself to be asked similar questions once we bring Hallie home. I hope that I have the patience to answer them and to know when it is an innocent question or an ingnorant one.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?