Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Showered with love (and gifts, too!)

I just returned from Toledo with lots of great stuff for Hallie (and for me--like a chic metro leather diaper bag). My mom and aunts threw a shower for my cousin, Amy Widner, and me. Amy is due in January (although it will likely be late December!) with baby Matthew. It was fun having two showers in one! And since many of the same people would be invited to both of our showers, it made sense.

Now, on to the stuff! We received so many nice things. We got our car seat; a Jeep Liberty walker (so Hallie can be just like Grandpa Zunk); much of the Classic Pooh bedding set; a beautiful, handmade, embroidered quilt; lots of washcloths, towels, and blankets; an ear thermometer; lots of little rattles and toys; her first Christmas ornament, and more! I packed an extra suitcase full of soft things to take on the plane with me. I shipped two boxes full of other great items--that should be here later this week. As for the car seat, that and a few other large and heavy items will be brought down to Memphis when my parents visit next (hopefully late December). We also received some much needed cash, which we will soon use to purchase a crib, mattress and dresser.

As usually happens on trips to Toledo, there was a party to attend. It was great catching up with so many old friends this weekend: Caris, Dave and their baby Madison; Melissa and her two beautiful daughters Madeline and Gabrielle (I still can't believe Maddie is 9--gosh I feel old!); Bob and Julie, who are expecting their first baby in May; and Jim, a dear old friend who is making a wise career change!

But most of all, it was just nice to be home, with my family, in the house where I grew up. It's hard to believe that five of us lived there, with just three bedrooms and one bathroom! But we managed. I can't wait for Hallie to see it next summer!




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?