Sunday, December 12, 2004

Holiday spirit

Until this weekend, it's been hard for me to get into the holiday spirit. I listened to carols, and did some shopping, but I really didn't feel in the mood. My mom asked me for a list of gifts I wanted--but I told her I didn't really want anything. Well, Brett and I both want one thing, but we will have to wait a few more months for her.

For a short while I considered not putting up our tree at all this year. Especially after being sick this past week (bronchitis). But we sucked it up, put up the tree, decked the halls, and lit up the house this weekend. I am so glad! Our house looks so nice! The tree includes two new ornaments for Hallie. Even though she won't be with us this year, she's with us in spirit. So this year I have a different type of holiday spirit... one that will keep me going these next few months.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?