Sunday, December 05, 2004

A weekend of paint, parties, and preparing

We just finished (re) painting Hallie's room! The final color is "Coconut Scent." It's a very pale yellow and will match the Classic Pooh theme. I can't wait to get that room cleaned up so we can move all of the baby shower gifts off the kitchen table and into the room. We want to start decorating for the holidays, but I want everything put back together first.

Yesterday we went to the FCC Memphis Christmas Ornament Exchange. It was so fun to see all of the children playing together and opening their ornaments. FCC is really a great group. I'm glad they include waiting families in on their activities. It makes the experience seem that much more real. Next year we will be there celebrating with Hallie! Brett went to the Bluff City Brewers Christmas party later in the evening, but I stayed home sick!

I have come down with some kind of crud-coughing, sneezing, sore throat, ringing ears. I want to take it easy today because I don't want to have to use a sick day tomorrow. Shelby County employees who don't use a sick day or have an unexcused absence (vacations don't count) for three consecutive months, earn a bonus off-day! I need to save up all of those days that I can, as well as vacation and sick days, to use when we get Hallie.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?