Monday, April 25, 2005

"Diapers, check... Baby Tylenol, check... rice cereal, check..."

That was me, going over the list of items recommended from our adoption agency as I wandered through the isles of Wal-Mart on Saturday morning. I stopped at Starbucks first for a tall latte and headed in, paper and pen in one hand, coffee in the other, pushing a shopping cart with my forearms (of course I picked the one with the rickety wheel!).

Thank God Brett wasn't with me, he wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes. Never having shopped for these items before, first I had to locate them. The Baby Tylenol and Baby Motrin are mixed in with the adult medicine. Lotions and baby wash can be found in the isle with the adult lotion and some can be found in the section near the baby clothes. This is also where you'll find baby wipes, but, as I found out, you can also find them in the baby section and in the grocery section near the baby food (where I found the rice cereal, pedialyte and biter biscuits). Some diapers can be found in the baby section, but the best selection is also in the baby food isle. Why do they have all of these things so spread out? I made at least three trips from the east end to the west end of the store.

After locating the things I needed, I had to read the labels to figure out which items were the best. Should I get generic?? I decided not to skimp on Hallie's things, and opted for Wal-Mart's brand for our things, like pain reliever, cortisone cream and sleeping pills.

I did pretty well. After two hours there were only two things I couldn't find: Baby Benadryl and prune juice. But, I'm sure there will be a few more trips to the store before we leave!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?