Monday, May 09, 2005

One more day...

We take off for our journey of a lifetime in just one more day! I can't believe all of this waiting is about to come to an end! Friday was my last day of work. Brett is working through Tuesday. I needed the time to run errands, but tonight, everything is done and we are packed! All I have to do is throw my contact lenses in my suitcase and I'm ready to go!

Brett's kidney stone scare is over. He went to his doctor on Friday and they decided not to do the outpatient treatment scheduled for today. The doc said it wasn't worth the pain he'd suffer on the trip, and prescribed him a healthy regiment of beer and walking (no, I am not kidding). He still doesn't think the stone has passed, but the painful part of this experience is over (we hope!).

Tomorrow we take Orion (aka "Buddy") to Camp 4 Paws. Dogs sense change, and I think he knows something is going on because he has been very clingy the past few days. I am so sad to leave him, but he will be well cared for at Camp 4 Paws. He'll be dropped off from doggy camp when my parents get here, a few days before we come home. We plan on sending some of Hallie's clothing home so he can get used to her scent. I think he'll be OK. Chloe (our 11 year old cat) is oblivious. She has been laying on the full sized bed we put in Hallie's room, but only when I'm in there too. Life is never going to be the same in the Donnals house--for them or us!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?